3.8.08

DRUM TAO!

If you ever get the chance, you must see Drum Tao!!! (I'd hope these guys are part of the next Adelaide Festival). I was lucky enough to get along to this with JP and have to say this was the best show I have seen in years! (If ever!?) Farking athletic, precise, focussed, highly sexual, meditative. It was all of that.

And my companion JP made me laugh when she mentioned how after seeing such tight, ripped bodies pounding drums for the last two hours, she became even more aware of her own flabby bits. I had to agree – I felt fatter and lazier the more I sat and watched. It was both inspiring and depressing all at the same time. Heck - these guys are banging massive drums with huge mallets overhead for what seems like forever, and I get tired just putting out the laundry.

But worth every penny, and given the great company, this was the best night I've had in a long time. .

No comments: